Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Books : Miss Manners' Guide to Rearing Perfect Children : Reviews

Books : Miss Manners' Guide to Rearing Perfect Children : Reviews:

'via Blog this'

"Miss Manners is very witty. Her smart responses left me chuckling many times. I didn't read every page of this book. I kind of just skimmed. Many sections simply had no application to my life. Much of the book is in letter format, which I enjoyed, but I know many do not. My favorite part was when she included some observations made by a daycare worker. She watched the parents who came to pick up their children. The children who tended to have behavior problems also tended to have parents who seemed preoccupied or annoyed when coming to pick up their kids. The well-behaved children were the ones who had parents who beamed when they saw their children. The ones who truly seemed to adore the children... also had happier and more well-behaved children. So interesting. It seems that perhaps the greatest gift we can give our kids is simply to love them and show them that we love them"

No comments:

Post a Comment