Monday, November 5, 2012

It Is About Race: Southern Man and the GOP

What if Liberals and Progressives Could Learn to Talk to White Southern Men? | Alternet:

'via Blog this'
"I recall snippets like these from my experience with GOP men of the South to help me understand why they are overwhelmingly voting for Romney in this election. Some of it is certainly about race. Cultural memory and prejudice form strange currents in the Southern mind. The power of the fear and antipathy of the black man has been diluted, but it’s still there, and it's easily stoked by unscrupulous politicians. But it’s easy to just stop there, and you won't have a clear picture if you do."

(It is easy to stop there and so I will. That's all I need to know. They are that ignorant that they feel the outer color of someones body makes any difference as to what is inside, then their opinion holds nothing for me. In the north or the south. It's downright stupid. Period.)

No comments:

Post a Comment