'via Blog this'
- Users often become fixated on their muscularity and are reluctant to stop using AASs for fear that they will get smaller again.
General Medical Effects of Use
Anabolic steroids can cause temporary or permanent medical problems. Some known medical problems associated with AAS use follow:
- Decreased sperm production
- Abscess at the site of injection
- Increased or even severe acne
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased “bad” (LDL) and lower “good” (HDL) cholesterol, with attendant increased risk of heart attack
- Thickening of the wall of the heart (especially in the left ventricle)
- Increased or decreased sex drive (libido)
- Increased appetite
- Liver disease, especially with AASs taken orally (infrequent)
- Death from several causes, including suicide, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries leading to heart attacks or strokes), and cardiac complications
- HIV and similar risk issues associated with the sharing of needles or the use of nonsterile needles