Friday, February 8, 2013

Q&A: Danger of vaccines while trying to get pregnant? - Getting Pregnant - Fertility and Ovulation

Q&A: Danger of vaccines while trying to get pregnant? - Getting Pregnant - Fertility and Ovulation:

'via Blog this'

 The vaccine may be given separately or as part of the MMR immunization vaccine which also protects against measles and rubella. In the US, MMR is now being supplanted by MMRV, which adds protection against chickenpox. The WHO (World Health Organization) recommends the use of mumps vaccines in all countries with well-functioning childhood vaccination programmes. In the United Kingdom it is routinely given to children at age 13 months with a booster at 3–5 years(preschool) This confers lifelong immunity.

NO it doesn't.




re: Q: TTC and vaccines?

After telling my doctor that we are TTC, I was tested for rubella immunity and I was not immune. I had all my vaccines as a child too, but they say this is happening a lot with 20-somethings. 

re: Q: TTC and vaccines?

I didn't realize this was an issue until I was talking to my sister-in-law who is in the medical profession. She told me to let my Ob know right away that I had never had the chicken pox as a child. My Ob-Gym ran tests for chiken pox & rubella and I came up not immune for both. I had my vaccines as a child. She said it was quite common to need a booster.

Q&A: Danger of vaccines while trying to get pregnant?

We will be TTC very soon and I have an appointment with my OBGYN next week. After reading this I am definitely going to ask him to check for my immunities for MMR. Even though I was vaccinated at age 2, when I went to visit my doctor last year, she had told me I was low on my immunity for mumps. I guess I would need a booster shot. I probably wouldn't be able to try to conceive until a month after the booster but it's definitely worth the wait!

measles vaccine

I know my daughter had the measles mumps rubella vaccines as a child, but now she shows no immunity to measles. She wants to get pregnant soon. Should she have a measles vaccine?


re: Q: TTC and vaccines?

My friend almost died from the yellow fever vaccine... They had 7 people that got the shot, she was the only one to survive because she looked up her symptoms and insisited that her doctor listen to her, which he finally did, and she was able to recieve (A LOT) of treatment! Be causious... be sure to look them up! Vaccines may not be all they are chalked up to be... do some research on your own. Check out Dr. Mayer Eisenstiens website, he is an MD, as well as MANY others that have a wealth of knowlegde in this field!

The yellow fever vaccination is what’s known as a live virusvaccine. A live virus vaccine is a vaccine that contains a living virus and is able to create immunity without getting the patient ill. Live virus sounds sort of creepy, but for people with healthy immune systems, they’re usually safe and effective. While it’s recommended to wait a month after receiving live vaccines before trying to conceive, the CDC says that two weeks is a safe waiting period after the yellow fever vaccination.

 I know I worried so much during the pregnancy b/c there have been some documented cases of birth defects in mothers who rcvd the yellow fever vaccine during pregnancy.

Fever and headache are prodromal symptoms of mumps, together with malaise andanorexia. Other symptoms of mumps can include dry mouth, sore face and/or ears and occasionally in more serious cases, loss of voice. In addition, up to 20% of persons infected with the mumps virus do not show symptoms, so it is possible to be infected and spread the virus without knowing it.[6]
Males past puberty who develop mumps have a 30 percent risk of orchitis,[7]painful inflammation of the testicles.[8]









No comments:

Post a Comment