Tuesday, May 29, 2012

George Bush Made Me An Atheist

George H. W. Bush - Wikiquote:

'via Blog this'

George H. W. Bush

We must act on what we know. I take as my guide the hope of a saint: In crucial things, unity; in important things, diversity; in all things, generosity.
George Herbert Walker Bush (born June 121924) was the forty-first President of the United States. He is married to Barbara Bush, and is the father of George W. Bush.


No, I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God.… I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.



(This is ironic, because George Bush and co. made me an Atheist. Until they came along, I was much more spiritual and apt to believe in Heaven, Higher Powers, Jesus, and all that jazz. His presidency, and that of his son, and the devastating effect they have had on the country-no, the entire WORLD, has led me to disbelieve. The only thing that could change my mind if by some miracle lightening would strike him at least paralyzed.)

Attributed

  • No, I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God.… I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.
    • Attributed by Robert I. Sherman, reporting about a public press conference Bush held at O'Hare Airport on 27 August 1987 just after announcing his candidacy for president. No other journalists have confirmed or contradicted Sherman's account of the exchange.
    • Frequently misquoted as "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots."

No comments:

Post a Comment