Sunday, June 24, 2012

Todays Conundrum For The Politically Disinclined

A month ago I didn't even know what a Republican was, but I was trapped in a car with one all the way to Bamboozle. She was spouting such bullshit out of her mouth about the death penalty I thought my head was going to explode. She's from Georgia, but that's no excuse. They have libraries in GA and she has her very own computer. She uses as an expensive coupon generator, mainly, by liking anything and everything on Facebook, as long as it costs money. I couldn't open my page without her little face popping up a hundred times like my very own tiny consumer conscience. She even liked Walmart, despite working there and not liking that of late do to understaffing and over-blaming issues. Also, "the Puerto Ricans" are some kind of problem because she's convinced they are talking about her. I gave her "Learn Spanish" on a CD. It came with a workbook but she insisted she could learn entirely by the CD loaded into her iPod. As far as I know she still doesn't have a clue what's up at her job.

There I was trapped in a car for several hours with somebody I thought I knew, and she was saying the craziest things. She said things which made no sense for someone in her situation to be saying! When I tried to get some sort of rationale to what was behind her "I have a right to my opinion" (but apparently I have no right to ask why she thinks what she thinks, just like in Bible Study) all she would say was, "I'm a Republican," like that meant a thing to me.

My entire life I've known nothing but lies and mudslinging from politicians so I've learned to tune them out. I called myself a humanist and when it came time to vote I based my choice on who seemed to have the most common sense and the best plan for our country. Democrat or Republican did not factor into it at all.

Because I couldn't argue that since I didn't know what she was talking about I've devoted every spare minute of my time researching politics for the past month and I've come to this conclusion. Republicans are fucking nuts. They don't want with best for everyone, or for any people at all! They are miserly, greedy, selfish, pushy, divisive, deluded, insidious, and sneaky. Also liars, most of the time! Usually they are Christian and conservative and think liberals are hippies. My friend isn't a practicing Christian because she did a few things which would be considered sinful, though she is self righteous and never "sins" now. I strongly suspect if she got a chance to sin, she would.

Todays lesson included reading Michael Moore's "Here Comes Trouble," watching "Radio Bikini" and then watching, "Blood In The Face."

"Blood In The Face" explains how racists can convert others to racism, and how happy they are with the invention of the VCR.

Instead of being pushy and saying, "You gotta watch this!" you should ask advice, say, "What do you think of this video," according to the racists.

First of all, why can't they just stay in their own group and stop trying to convert people to being violent haters?

Then I realized the problem with the peaceful people is that they don't want to be pushy. They want everyone to be able to live free and do their own thing and to get along. They aren't organized and they don't hold meetings, beyond maybe "The Rainbow Gathering." They have no plan to convert others into a peaceful worldview because it seems like a common sense thing everybody would want.

The "hippies" or whatever they are are going to have to form a "Love Group" to counteract the hate groups. Hate groups promote fear, so Love groups have to promote the opposite.

Instead of imagine the horror of a Muslim in your neighborhood, imagine what you can learn from someone who is of a different culture?

Both Churches and other hate groups have learned to reach out to the misfits, the needy and broken and forsaken to make their numbers grow. Gangs do this same exact thing.

Meanwhile, while Democrats work behind the scenes to create social programs to help the rejected, the disenfranchised and the poverty stricken, they are doing nothing to stem the misplaced anger these groups feel.

Someone (some Jesus-like hippie) needs to reach out to the broken and point them on the path to love and peace. They need a group and a safe haven and to feel love and a sense of community. There's not enough solidarity amongst the think-for-yourselfers. We just encourage people to think for themselves and feel sure they will see the light, yet that doesn't happen. Most people want to be told what to do.

Honestly, when everything started going downhill for me (story for another day), I also wanted to be told what to do but what I was told was:

You can't change the world.
This is how things are.
Good ole boys will win
Why are you wasting your energy?

I didn't want to hear any of that. I wanted to fight for my rights and stand up for myself. Not one person in my group of friends or in my family encouraged me. I hit a wall of apathy. Most people don't even know what their rights are.

What are they teaching kids in school that so many adults are so shallow and ignorant? Not only ignorant but willfully so! PROUDLY so! My Republican friend says, "I'm done with school!" Since when is learning a bad thing?

The peace-seekers need to start recruiting the kids who would normally be in gangs or in church and make them feel wanted, important, and a part of something. Everybody likes to feel like they have a purpose.

The churches use Jesus as a lure, and the haters use...guns? Hitler? Both tell members that they are better than everyone else. This is where liberals hit the wall, because everyone being equal doesn't cut it with the already insecure. It's not half as good as being better!

It's a whatayacallit...one of those problems with no answer. Conundrum?






No comments:

Post a Comment