Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lyndhurst Animal Hospital Inc - Lyndhurst "Just because he's cheap does not make him a good vet"

Lyndhurst Animal Hospital Inc - Lyndhurst:
(Newsflash: if you hire the "incompetant retarts" it IS your fault your office is unsterile and looks like crap)
'via Blog this'


RUN< RUN, RUN, The place is not only filthy- it is unsafe! He needs to be investigated and shut down. I hope somebody reads this and does something to help! He has been getting away with negligence for years... He is dangerous!



Please please please send in a complaint on this ass. I have looked up the contact and the correct forms. He should not be a doctor. He has lost his right to a license.http://www.state.nj.us/oag/ca/complaint/vetcom.pdfThis board licenses and regulates veterinarians in New Jersey. Inquiries or complaints may be forwarded to Ms. Leslie Aronson, Executive Director, Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, PO Box 45020 Newark, NJ 07101, (973) 504-6500.
July 24, 2010
Wow, so I figured I should say something finally after seeing how many times my name is mentioned here. First of all, Gabby I agree with Meg -- learn how to spell. You are unqualified and untrained..even the doctor himself admits this! You know nothing of this field and it's due to your lack of comprehension that alot of the animals in Dr. M's care don't do well. And as for your comment about me...the reason I didn't go to work was because I was in the hospital due to physical exhaustion...I worked 90+ hours a week...what would you know about that? NOTHING because you don't do even a fraction of the things I did there.
I've worked for Dr. M on and off for over 5 years, whenever I've been working there people have done nothing but said what a difference for the good there was. I love Dr. M as a vet, he's good and does have alot of knowledge. When I first met him it was on an appointment for a rescue I was a part of...this cat we had Kristopher had a really bad bowel problem that he was born with and Dr. M really took the time to explain to me why he had it and how the condition worked, he even went the extra mile and drew on a piece of paper the stomach and the intestines and showed me where Kristopher's problem was, he made him comfortable with medication for the remainder of his life....on top of it all Kristopher was really feral and Dr. M handled him with nothing but care.
People can say what they want about him, but what everyone doesn't understand is that it's not the Dr.'s fault that the office is that way or the appts being over booked or anything of that nature it is his staff's fault!! He hires girls with no experience that is true, they are just there for a paycheck and do the bare minimum to keep things running, many people have pointed out to him the lack of competency these girls have. I once called for a refill on a medication I get for my dog's pancreas and you know that Gabby asked me "What's the pancreas?" Wow...it's things like this that give Dr. Mecheal a bad name.
On an ending note, I am very close with both the Dr. and his family, and I know how much he does care for the animals. I do think that he needs to hire better staff to keep the hospital running and clean the way it needs to be, everytime I go in there my heart breaks because he really doesn't realize how things need to change, but the first step is getting rid of the lazy girls with no experience...and make sure he has staff that are ALWAYS cleaning...it's an animal hospital...it needs to be sterile at ALL times!
October 15, 2009

Lyndhurst Animal Hospital Inc

Have experience with this business? Write a Review.
If I could rate this place with 0 stars I would. My first experience with this Vet was this past weekend. It was a Sunday and not a single vet in the area was open except this one so I rushed over with my dog. Upon arriving and opening the door, I was smacked in the face by the smell of urine and fecal matter and a general biological odor from what I could only imagine was from prior appointments not being properly cleansed. The floors are disgusting. Granted the floor tiles are what I would only think are old, they had a buildup of grime on them that made the once white tiles, brown. The front desk area was a disaster and there seemed to be no order to their filing system at all. The girls who worked there were very kind and gentle with my dog but I wouldn't say they are as knowledgeable as they should be. The Dr. had to show her how to properly restrain the dog and I wound up having to help. I don't mind having to help restrain my dog considering she's quite a large dog. I didn't like the fact that all the medications were out within reach of anyone including children had they been in that part of the waiting room. There was trash all over the medication area as well. Inside the examination room there was animal hair, caked up dirt, stains of dried blood all over the place. I understand that certain times Vets may need to quickly look something up to refresh their memory but when you see a book on how to learn certain procedures of cats and dogs in 5 minutes on the table your animal is being examined on is not a comforting thought to most. Referral books should be in the back in my opinion because some people may freak out at the fact there are more books on how to do veterinarian procedures than there are medical equipment. What really bothered me was that he didn't even know the gender of my dog even though he was working with the back end and underneath of her. I thank god that I only had to go there to have an X-ray done and wrap my dog's tail up. The medication I received was labeled with a handwritten label which is illegal and I was really bothered by the fact that he came out to see my dog in casual clothes. No lab coat, just a messy polo, kakis and sandals. At least his staff was in proper attire. Upon seeing the conditions of this place I would NEVER go back nor would I recommend this place to anyone. I studied in this field and I saw so many things being done improperly. I'm not even gonna go back to have my dog's bandages removed. I will take her to someone more qualified and CLEANER.
January 30, 2012
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Went in this evening with my cat. The place is a mess. There was a woman waiting with her grandson in the waiting room while the doctor was seeing another family member with the dog. I saw him bring the dog back to take an xray, then bring the dog to the waiting room, held him up (he was a large chihuahua) and said "See, you can see the meat." The poor dog was attacked by another large dog and was torn apart. The grandchild saw it, I saw it...it was just unprofessional and gross. I couldn't believe he would do something like that. Also, his daughter was in and out of the room with the dog while the family was discussing surgery or putting the dog down. We went in the examining room and it was filthy. Hair on the floor and god knows what else. Tons of crap in the room. Daughter walked in to get her doll. It was weird and dirty and uncomfortable. We just left and went down the street to another emergency vet...they say me right away.
November 26, 2011
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Seems folks either hate or love this vet. From the 10 years i have taken my animals there, i have to say he is caring and knowledgeable. Is his office staff less than desirable, maybe so, but i dont take my 19.5 year old dog where the 'assist staff' are great, i'd rather have a good vet. Is the office a bit dirty, yes, but he is available every day, almost around the clock. Could he run his business better? Probably! And i would offer him advice if he needed or asked. But is he good as a vet, absolutely! When there simply isn't much hope, he will tell you - i've had a 8 year old that needed to be put down, but again, my 19.5 is hanging on. Do i follow his advice, yes. Is that advice always convenient for me, no. I travel on my job, and yes he does respond to my petmed requests, but i do take my animals in fairly regularly (more than i see my own dr, actually). My rating is on the high side. If you want a great waiting room, this isn't the vet for you. But if you want someone who cares...
October 08, 2011
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Dr M killed my beloved dog!!!!! My dog had a heart condition and this ass told me it was normal and not to worry. Well, my dog is dead thanks to him. Then he blamed me for a condition my dog didnt have to begin with. He yelled at me in front of all the people in the waiting room. I blamed myself the whole time thinking I did this to my dog. All the time I spent with this ass my dog was suffering. Thanks to the vets down the block my eyes were opened and I changed vets. But it was too late. He died due to not getting the right care from the start. He also operated on him and when I went to pick him up he was full of poop and was left in a dirty cage and made me take him out myself. I saw a dirty room with blood all over the place. I wish I knew this before he touched my dog. If you want your animals alive PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!
May 14, 2011
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I took my dog to this doctor today. She hadn't been eating for a few days and had diarrhea. The doctor did bloodwork and took xrays. He said she could have been bloated and gave Reglan, it works by speeding the movement of food through the stomach and intestines. She didn't look good when I brought her home and she did not seem to improve. I took her to a vet where my friend worked. They said she was dehydrated, and after looking at xrays, they advised me she was obstructed and needed surgery immediately.
My dog ended up having a tumor removed from her intestines, the size of a plum.
This doctor in Lyndhurst is a quack. He is an idiot. My dog's intestines were full of gas and being backed up because of a motility drug!! The doctors who did the surgery worked on her for 3 hours. They said she would have been dead by morning.
DO NOT GO TO LYNDHURTS ANIMAL ANIMAL HOSPITAL IF DR MECHEAL IS WORKING/OWNING/EXISTING IN THE BUILDING.
April 20, 2011
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Never go here. The doctor answered the door in bare feet and his boxer shorts. The office is disgusting and repulsive. The doctor yelled at me because I was crying over the fact that my dog couldn't walk, and now 2 months later he is paralyzed. This vet is a disgusting human being. never go here it is the worst place I have ever been to.
March 03, 2011
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
DR. MECHEAL SAVED MY DOGS LIFE!!!
I had brought my normally energetic 5 year old pup in to see the doctor by luck on a Sunday since my regular vet and ALL other Vets were closed. My girl was acting very lethargic and unresponsive.
I did have to wait a while since the clinic is very busy and the Doc took a few emergency cases in between, but once the doctor saw her he administered the care she needed. She was diagnosed with leptospirosis a deadly virus where normally only a minuscule percentage of infected dogs survive. She was dying before our eyes in a very short window of time and had gone into liver and kidney failure almost immediately. He treated her for three weeks at his hospital allowing us to visit her at ANY time including 3AM, and stay for as long as we wanted. It was unclear wether or not she would survive but he kept on top of her. He even prayed with his young daughter, out loud, for our pup. He cried with us and never gave up hope. On one occasion during her 3 week stay, when we arrived late at night after hours, we found him sitting in an uncomfortable wooden chair comforting our dog when he should have been in bed.
Dr Mikael allowed us to get other opinions from our other vets and wasn't offended with our suggestions from our own research, like most other doctors would be. He is open minded and clearly cares about animals. He did everything within his power to save our dogs life. He truly CARED for our beloved dog...she wasn't just another case for him. His fee for a three plus week stay and continious treatment was VERY reasonable, a fraction of what any other Vet would have charged and he allowed us to pay it off over time. This never happens with other Vets.
Needless to say our puppy made it and seemed to make an impression on the office as well! She visits him regularly just to say hello, and seems to know he saved her. The doc seems to like pets more than he likes people, and probably with good reason. During our three weeks, we saw people abuse him and try to take advantage of his concern of animals but he never let that stop him from caring for them.
With regard to the negative reviews listed here please consider that there are two sides to every story. We witnessed first hand, on a daily basis for 3 weeks, the care and concern that Dr. Mecheal has for his patients. He is truly compassionate and an amazing veterinarian. I have been a dog/cat owner for more than 40 years, have had many different vets along the way and none of them come close to Dr. Mecheal. He always puts the animal first, not the bill or the business. Euthanasia is always a last resort, unlike all other vets. He doesn't overcharge, he doesn't do unnecessary testing, he doesn't excessively mark up prescriptions or food etc. He doesn't use printed labels on his prescriptions (like one reviewer claimed) but clearly this is done to ultimately keep the costs down and is perfectly legal. The ANIMALS are put first not his business or his success.
With regard to the condition of his office, it isn't the Taj Mahal...but why should it be? In my opinion any doctor that has an impeccable office is in it for the $$ not the patients and there priorities need to be questioned.
If you are lucky enough to break through his gruff exterior you will find a kind, loving, family oriented, gifted and caring person.
We will always be grateful to Dr. Mechael.
January 31, 2011
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Never go here. He killed my puppy even though he was in perfect health in July when getting a physical. Out of the blue Decemeber 14th he passed away in the office. I ahd waited 2 hours in the waiting room when this was clearly an emergency. He neglected him the whole day after i left him. he told me i could either take him home or leave . He had not told us weather this would kill him or not. So me being stupid i left him there next day at 7 am i got a phone call from him and his nasty attitude telling me my puppy died. He told me to get over him because i was way to attached. His staff is un professional. From all the people and fedbacks i have gotten he had killed their animals too. He most likely didnt even touch him after i left. until he was going to in the morning biut then he was dead. KEEP AWAY. and he had told me that finding fluid in the lungs of a 1 year old puppy is not normal. he still didnt do anything about it.
January 08, 2011
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Dr Mechel is the best! he is compassionate and he is very attentive and knowledgeble! I would never bring my dog to any other place. Rusty is now 16 years old and he is in great shape because of this vet.
Cindy
October 12, 2010
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
world class vet.
Dr. Michael is one of the best vets ever! Yes his place is not spic and span but that is because he is busy saving lives of our pets rather than shining his office and passing the savings onto us. he could probably hire a maid brigade but he would rather keep his prices low for us.. he is the greatest dog vet, i only have dogs so i can only comment on dogs. He truly cares about each and every dog and person that he sees. He is the best! if i had a choice of any vet in new jersey it would be Dr Michael and i have been to many. he is the best!!! The staff have always been caring and concerned also. Dr Micheal knows more than any vet in new jersey and saves dogs lives everyday. it is so disappointing to read these other reviews about his medicine bottles and place not clean enough after seeing what he really does on a daily basis to save the animals we love. he is a breath of fresh air to me to be so great and not be trying to make a big profit like most other vets in the area and charge outrageous prices and your dog still isnt cured. Dr Micheal you can trust!! if it is possible that your dog can be saved or can be cured with surgery or can walk again with surgery, can be made well. then he can do it and you are in the right place.
August 24, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I have used this vet a few times, and I must say, he is compassionate to animals. His office is not very clean, he should make sure the staff he hires cleans well, but they do not. I also do not like that the instructions are hand written on the bottles, they should be computer printed.But I have had him make 2 housecalls for me for 2 different elderly (21 yr old) cats that I had and he came out, once on a Sunday, and once at 10pm on a weeknite, and he did not charge me a home visit fee. I also took my 6 yr old cat to him on a Saturday and waited 2 hrs, but he gave me medicines and he was better in a few days. I never personally had an issue with him.
August 23, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Office is a mess, very disorganized and dirty. Down right gross. The wait time can be outrageous. His staff is unprofessional. They do not know the first thing about customer service or medicine. There is no follow-up for medical conditions and little to no instructions for medications (most is handwritten on the bottle or just distributed with the manufacturers label - no instructions). Good luck asking questions - the doctor works on an assembly line. Place looks like a mash unit. His prices are cheaper than most but in this case, you get what you pay for.
March 03, 2011
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
WARNING~~WARNING~~ IF YOU REALLY LOVE YOUR PETS ...STAY MILES AWAY FROM THIS PLACE... Please seek out a REAL ANIMAL HOSPITAL where they really TAKE CARE of the animals. PLEASE DONT GO THERE.. YOUR ANIMAL MAY EVENTUALLY SUFFER LIKE MINE DID.......
March 03, 2011
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I have been taking my pet to Dr M for the past 8 years. Each time I visit, although I do have to wait a while, I am educated and learn something new about the anatomy/health of my German Shepherd.
Pros:
The doctor IS experienced and very educated. He has seen the oddest cases of emergencies and has performed the most outrageous surgeries (and unlike what another reviewer said, the majority of them DO survive!). I know this because my neighbors have had parrots that couldn't lay eggs, and he'd facilitate the process. He's also performed C-sections on several dogs as well as cared for various bone injuries, and even car accident injuries (again - I know this because I see the animals on my block on a weekly basis that go to him). Additionally, I wouldn't call him "cheap" but he is reasonably priced.
Cons:
The place does smell and is small, and dirty. The staff aren't always the most professional and if you go on a weekend, you may wait for a long time before seeing the doctor.
July 17, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
In July, 2010 took my dog to this place. This man is crazy, my dog was returned in terrible condition, office was filthy, staff unprofessional, medicines unlableled. If you love your animal do not take it there, I feel terrible for my dog!
March 03, 2011
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
This took place April 2010. I had to filed a report with the Better Business Bureau regarding this. Case # is 9750429 if anyone wants to look it up. Beware. First they dispensed medications to my cat with handwritten undated labels which is ILLEGAL. Then the ex-ray that was taken was also undated and unlabeled. Also ILLEGAL. Want one more thing to consider? Visit the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs website and search for this veterinarian by name, Dr. Mecheal. He is not listed as a licensed vet. My cat started vomitting viciously after giving him the medications I was prescribed for him, and when I called to ask questions, the response was to bring him back in. I called my previous vet and was explained that the medications I was given needed to be taken AFTER food. This should have been listed on the label. I have reported this practice to the State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners and am warning everyone everywhere about this vet. Next time, the first thing I'll do when visiting a new vet is call and ask for a license number, then verify it online which takes only seconds. Beware if you adore your pet.
July 24, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I tried to make an emergency app. for my cat who was very sick, but the secretary said they had nothing until 2 days later!... when I stressed that this was an emergency and asked if there was anywhere else she could suggest I go, she said she personally did not know. I have been to this place a few times before and I would have thought they had better customer service especially for previous customers. Obviously this is not the case and they are hiring people at the desk who don't even have the competency to know their surroundings for emergencies which is important since I can assume I'm not the only one that has attempted to come in on short notice. The girl did not even make an attempt to ask one of her co workers if they knew a good place for emergencies either, it was the most pitiful and uncaring display of customer service I have ever experienced. They don't even deserve the one star I am required to leave in order to comment.
August 10, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I went into this vet for the first time and when I walked in it was horrible, the smell, it was filthy and dirty and unprofessional, how can this place be even open, the board of health should go in there, I went to go sign in and told my daughter to get the puppy we are out of here and left, I do not recommend anyone going here, go to Petsmart they have the same pricing for office visits, BEWARE Of this dirty place it is not healthy for you or for your pet.
July 24, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
got our dog from an animal rescue organization. turns out he came with heartworms, and in order for them to pay for his treatment, we were told to come to lyndhurst animal hospital. i called to explain the situation and inform them that we were faxing over our records from our vet, newport animal hospital. the person on the phone says, "yes, we are an animal hospital." so as we go there i'm thinking, i hope that guy isn't there cause he cant speak english and seems a little slow. we get there.. to the disgusting waiting room with like 5 dogs in it... looks of horror slowly spread across our faces as we realize that the guy on the phone is actually the vet. i ask if they got our fax... i am told no but the guy doesn't really check. so i call my vet again, they fax again, i ask again. he says no again without looking at the fax machine or me. i ask the girl, she says... oh our fax machine is broken.
we go in the back to use the bathroom ... there is an open examining room with bloody gauze, garbage and used instruments strewn all over the place. looks like some kind of torture chamber. needless to say there was no way we were having our dog treated here, i was not going to let anyone from this place ever touch my dog. i am in the process of reporting this vet to the NJ state board of veterinary examiners. DO NOT go here. ever. for any reason.
March 03, 2011
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
No doubt about it Dr Mechael is an angel! He truely cares about animals :) He helps his patients at a fraction of the cost of other vets
April 16, 2010
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Yes, the waiting room is small, the girls are young, but Im not buying the business. My dog was diagnosed an eye disease by Dr.Barnea of Cliffside Park he suggested we take our dog to an eye doctor and possibly surgery and he put him on a special dog food (that he happened to sell). I had seen Dr. Barnea on TV, however that doesnt mean he knows JACK about animals. Every time we went to this vet it was no less than $250. Then we tried Lyndhurst Animal Hospital, Dr.Mechael examined my dog - and he didnt need an expensive eye doctor, the medicine he gave him did the trick (my dog had starched his eye) and he charged a lot less than Dr. Barnea charges. And my dog didnt need a special diet - he weighs exactly what hes supposed to. Dr. Mechael is very professional and caring.
January 14, 2010
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Bethany B. ....ARE YOU SERIOUS .. i don't even work there anymore and your still talking crap about me.... thats retarted.. you have nothing better to do with your time...move on with your life loser.....you asked me for meds while i worked there.... i never delt with you ... can't stand the look of you , and to help you while you were there...never me! get a life.... and stop haten on me bipolar b****
January 09, 2010
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I think it is really dumb for the staff to be on this sight disagreeing with one another!!! That shows how skilled you really are, leave your work problems in work we dont want to hear that S****. We just want to see that the jobs are be done the right way and our animals are safe. I can say a few girls there need to be replaced. I called there yesterday and spoke to a girls and she told me I had to have test done on my cat before the procedure. But yet my mom just had her cat there for the same and she didnt have to do that?!?!? Dont you know when it comes to customer service you never tell one customer one thing and something different to another. Its called you can sued for discrimination!!! Anyways, I have taken Dr M my dogs and cats. Rutherford maybe cleaner but to expensive and they mis diagnosed my bulldog and wanted to keep her for dehydration. Brought her to Dr M he said not the case shes fine its common for that breed to be lazy in the heat. My min pin hit his head after playing with the bull dog and almost died from it. But.... Dr M helped him recover. He also helped with a skin issue he had from the dumb ass pet store. He is very thorough and explains everything to be understood. He's a good man. Oh and instead of complaining about the staff mishandling your pets you should of taken care of that yourself instead of complaining...
January 07, 2010
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Lyndhurst Animal Hospital is the best. This man is a very caring Vet and his prices are by far better then the other Vet's in the area............we were always happy with him.
December 09, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Wow, so I figured I should say something finally after seeing how many times my name is mentioned here. First of all, Gabby I agree with Meg -- learn how to spell. You are unqualified and untrained..even the doctor himself admits this! You know nothing of this field and it's due to your lack of comprehension that alot of the animals in Dr. M's care don't do well. And as for your comment about me...the reason I didn't go to work was because I was in the hospital due to physical exhaustion...I worked 90+ hours a week...what would you know about that? NOTHING because you don't do even a fraction of the things I did there.
I've worked for Dr. M on and off for over 5 years, whenever I've been working there people have done nothing but said what a difference for the good there was. I love Dr. M as a vet, he's good and does have alot of knowledge. When I first met him it was on an appointment for a rescue I was a part of...this cat we had Kristopher had a really bad bowel problem that he was born with and Dr. M really took the time to explain to me why he had it and how the condition worked, he even went the extra mile and drew on a piece of paper the stomach and the intestines and showed me where Kristopher's problem was, he made him comfortable with medication for the remainder of his life....on top of it all Kristopher was really feral and Dr. M handled him with nothing but care.
People can say what they want about him, but what everyone doesn't understand is that it's not the Dr.'s fault that the office is that way or the appts being over booked or anything of that nature it is his staff's fault!! He hires girls with no experience that is true, they are just there for a paycheck and do the bare minimum to keep things running, many people have pointed out to him the lack of competency these girls have. I once called for a refill on a medication I get for my dog's pancreas and you know that Gabby asked me "What's the pancreas?" Wow...it's things like this that give Dr. Mecheal a bad name.
On an ending note, I am very close with both the Dr. and his family, and I know how much he does care for the animals. I do think that he needs to hire better staff to keep the hospital running and clean the way it needs to be, everytime I go in there my heart breaks because he really doesn't realize how things need to change, but the first step is getting rid of the lazy girls with no experience...and make sure he has staff that are ALWAYS cleaning...it's an animal hospital...it needs to be sterile at ALL times!
October 15, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Do not trust your animals' lives in this man and his untrained staff's hands. Just because he is cheap, does not mean he is a good vet. He does not sterilize surgical equipment between surgeries, or clean the operating room. He does not have an isolation area, so if an animal is infectious, and you are boarding your dog and cat, they are in the SAME room. When your dog is boarding there, they sit in the same cage, and are lucky if they get walked once a day. His 'staff' has zero training, and should not be handling medications, or assisting in surgeries; operating anesthesia machines. He does NOT use a heart monitor, even though he charges you for it. He DOES NOT send your pets home with pain killers or routinely give antibiotic shots with surgery. When you ask for these, they are always additional, and his 'staff' does not recommend it because they are untrained. His garbage and medical waste are all tossed in together. He doesn't change iv bags for pets who are there for fluids overnight. Instead they sit with their veins connected to an empty bag. He also doesn't change their bedding for hours, so your pet on an iv will sit in piss, soaked. The cages all need a good scrub too because he gets so busy the staff doesn't have time to properly disinfect. He doesn't keep spays overnight, and many surgical patients get infections after. If you subpoenaed his files, you'd see that he's had MANY revolving employees who've left because of low pay, and disgust of the piss poor office procedures, and they'd all say they witnessed the same. Ask Dana, Nicole, Katie, Cris, Tara, Gabby, Toni, Bethany, or Danielle. Even the girls that work there all know this to be true. He overbooks appointments because if he makes you wait for one, that's more money in his pocket. He does help rescues, but NOTHING is for free with him. They pay, and their animals all suffer in his care too. He's more of an animal clinic, not a true hospital. If your pet gets sick in the middle of the night, go to the REAL emergency hospital down the block.
July 24, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
don't even think about it... its gross! not clean, your animals aren't taken care of properly .... its a joke.. if your that cheap about your animal... shame on you, then don't have any!!!! horrible place...
September 16, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I just returned home from Lyndhurst Animal Hospital, and I am absolutely disgusted with the facility, the staff, and especially the "so-called" doctor, Dr. M. I was there to have my friend's cat put to sleep because it was suffering and in a great deal of pain. She also had a bad eye infection. After 2 1/2 hours of waiting, it was our turn to see Dr. M. While in the exam room, we were interrupted 6 times in 3 minutes by his staff who kept opening the door. Then, Dr. M pressed on the poor cat's eye with bare hands! After that, he just disappeared and I wasn't sure whether to go looking for him or not. Finally, it was time for the poor cat to get the first injection, which will stick in my mind forever. Dr. M jammed the shot into her so hard that she screamed out in pain. Then he just started jamming her back in her cat carrier when her paw was obviously stuck. I told him to be careful because her paw was stuck, but he could CARE LESS. Normally, I would have let him have it at that point, but my concern at that moment was to be there for the cat. As I was comforting the cat, I noticed that the exam room is a complete disaster. There was blood on the wall, and medical tools on the floor. They even forgot to remove the cat that was still in the room from the previous appointment! My advice to anyone who is considering this place is to RUN AWAY. Your pets deserve so much better!!!! FILE A COMPLAINT to Ms. Leslie Aronson, Executive Director, Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, PO Box 45020 Newark, NJ 07101. This place needs to be SHUT DOWN!!
July 24, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I have had good experiences at Lyndhurst Animal Hospital. Yes, I had to wait 3 hours every time, but he correctly diagnosed my dog's problem and took care of it. The office is unorganized and the examining rooms dirty, but his prices are very cheap compared to other vet offices in Bergen & Passaic counties. He never performed surgery on my dog. We have only had office visits, and Dr. M. was polite and knowledgeable.
July 23, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Well, I've only been to this place ONCE. And it pretty stinky and very disorganized. the doctor's actual office was messy too...but he did what he had to and my kitty is okay. Maybe I won't go there for spaying or something (even tho he's not that expensive) but I got all her shots done nd things were okay. BUT EXCEPT....the girl at the counter charged me majority of the bill on my credit card when I had specifically cash for that amount...but whatever it's not that much of a big deal. Some vets rip you off just cus they have a big pretty clean office...and they may do the same amount of work. All depends on the person...but personally Dr. M isn't bad..it SEEMS like he knows what he's doing...just needs to clean up the place nd use some serious air freshners!
July 14, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
RUN< RUN, RUN, The place is not only filthy- it is unsafe! He needs to be investigated and shut down. I hope somebody reads this and does something to help! He has been getting away with negligence for years... He is dangerous!
July 10, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
several times I have brought my dogs to Dr..M for emergency procedures.he always took the best care of them and did save my dog Murphy's life.if you need a fancy office with a cappuccino machine.then go elsewhere, if you want good care without pretense Dr, M is great
July 01, 2009
0 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Please please please send in a complaint on this ass. I have looked up the contact and the correct forms. He should not be a doctor. He has lost his right to a license.http://www.state.nj.us/oag/ca/complaint/vetcom.pdfThis board licenses and regulates veterinarians in New Jersey. Inquiries or complaints may be forwarded to Ms. Leslie Aronson, Executive Director, Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, PO Box 45020 Newark, NJ 07101, (973) 504-6500.
July 24, 2010
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Stay far away! First to the girl who works there an claims to know her "line of work" you might want to reconsider especially since you can't spell the word where. Its not ware. That confirms right there your lack of education. Second, this doctor went to school in a 3rd world country and doesn't know his head from his rear. He hires any white female who has a chest and then will harass them , runs them to the ground and blames them for his mistakes. He throws the rescues around with out a care in the world. He has killed many animals in his care due to neglect, performs operations such as neuters on the back sink which btw is filthy, when he is short on time. The place is a mess, he has no clue what he is doing and its a miracle have the animals seen there live. Yes he is one of the cheapest vets, and this is why. Also please note he will over book his office to make up for the low rate he gives you. That means your 3 O clock appointment isn't until about 5:30 and you will be thrilled to leave around 6:30. How would you feel if you left your dog to get surgery done and the vet calls you and asks you which leg needed the surgery again. Yes thats what he did! How do I know all of this? Unfortunately I was a victim and worked there myself but quit and filed a complaint with the police after he put his hands on me. I still think about the poor cat I stayed there all night with trying to help. She died from a blood infection because he would not change the nasty dirty IV. Shame on this doctor and may he rot in hell and get all he deserves when he croaks.
Please also note the 2 people making this vet out to be great Gabi and Sicilia both work there and Sicilia being a friend who the Doctor crushes on.
And for those who think this Dr isn't all about money, think again. He lowers his rates to get you r to come to his nasty facility. He over books and has more then double the clients a day then most vets do. Thats how he MAKES the money don't you get it? He makes ore then most vets do daily because of the way he does things! It is dangerous, and very unprofessional.
July 24, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I went there once with my dog to have his nails clipped because of the price and i noticed how musty and smelly the place looked , I entered the exam room only to find surgical instruments on the tray and they all had fresh blood and dried up blood on them , then this dirty old man came in the room and i told him what i was there for so he went over to my dog and grabbed his paw and squeezed it so hard my dog cried out, i told him to forget about doing it and that i was willing to pay for his time but he was not to touch my animal, as we walked out a nurse asked him to cut tape that was going on a dog n he picked up the bloody pair of surgical sizzors and cut the tape and she applied it to this other dog. I couldnt believe it but it happened. now , if i have an emergency i go 2-blocks down to the vet clinic on ridge road close to cvs and those two vets there are the best i have ever seen..Please think about this before bring your beloved pet there, They can and will get infections from the blood on the instruments and might even make you lose your animal due to it..Rethink ur decision
June 30, 2009
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
My Saint Bernard needed to see a vet on an emergency visit. I was never to Dr.M before, yet they told me to come right in. My dog was very sick, high temp & really not with it. She had a bad ear infection, that needed to be lanced, anyway we were there till 11pm that night. Dr. M. took great care of her & she was fine & is still with us. THANK YOU DR M
May 21, 2009
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I called Lyndhurst Animal hospital today, 04/16/09 in regards to my dogs recently injured hind leg, and was told that I spoke to a Dr.Mechael. I asked to see a orthopedic veterinarian and was told that they did have one but the doctor was not certified. I thought that was alarming and proceeded to ask, how is a uncertified surgeon able to practice. Immediately, instead of answering my question, I was told that I can go somewhere else. I could not believe what I was hearing, nor the manner and tone that it was delivered. I asked to speak to manager and was told by the gentlemen that he was the the manager. I proceeded to ask him his name because I was shocked by his behavior. He told me that he did not have to give it to me and hung up. I could not believe what had just happened. I was very disturbed to encounter such a rude and caddy person in a place of care. I called back to see if this was just a isolated incident and hope to speak to someone a little less aggressive on the phone. Unfortunately, I had the misfortune to speak to the same person. Again I ask to speak to a manager. Again I was told that he was the manager and he went further to ask my name in a threatening way, so he can report me for "harassment". I am in complete shock! I cannot believe this all stemmed from me asking "how is a UN-CERTIFIED surgeon gonna operate on my dog" As a Dog owner and animal lover I cannot believe how a person like this can work in a profession that renders care and service. I will definitely not entrust the care of my furry friends to this establishment and warn others to proceed with care and use your discretion. Since your pets cannot speak up for themselves it is up to you to look out for them.
April 16, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Too all those who have just overlooked the comment that was written below, all i have to say is PLEASE! One I work there! Ive been there for over a year... i know my line of work !!! When i first started working there miss Bethany didn't show up for two weeks.. that's why i got the job, AND STILL HAVE IT! And i bust my ass there to keep the hospital clean and I stay on top on what i have to do... If i thought that the staff there didn't know what they were doing, or thought different of the place, I would NOT be going there! Its 2009 not 2007 ... things have changed and I'm not going anywhere ....maybe you should go some ware ware she is!
July 24, 2010
0 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
I've been using Dr. M ever since he came to Lyndhurst. He's had two employees over the years who have been world class. Suzanne and Bethany, when both these young ladies were working there the animal hospital was clean and organized, even appointments ran smooth! They would both bend over backwards for you and your pet, were great with all of the animals and worked very well (the best I think) with the doctor, they were also very knowledgeable and knew what they were doing and were always on the same page as the doctor. Neither are no longer there and I don't really like the girls who work there now, to the post below me, Gabby may be sweet to you and your pet, but she is not very knowledgeable and really should find another line of work! It is important for everyone to know you are paying for the services of the vet, he pays these people to clean up and help his business run smooth. Would you rather the vet tend to your pets or clean his hospital? I would advise the doctor to hire more knowledgeable, responsible staff. I always hope to see my two favorites back whenever I make an appointment or call on the phone. So far no luck! But I will still continue to see Dr M. because he is great with my pets and has always been there for me when I needed him, even in the wee hours of the morning!
March 27, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
First I must say everyone that writes a bad review about this place must look BEYOND the box. First of all Dr. M is All about the animals,(your pets) he would honestly bend over backwards for your beloved pets. In his defense, keep in mind he is a 24 hour 7 days a week hospital, he is the only doctor there. Yea the place needs a little bit of organization but hey HE IS a 24 hour place. So sue him... Another thing i must add is his breath of fresh air Gabby.. she is great, such a hard worker....when i go there with my dog JACK. she and Dr M are nothing but polite and great to him. But sometimes Gabby goes the extra mile and talks to my dog,shows him EXTRA Attention, and my dog loves her and JACK doesn't like anybody not even DR. M. So I'm writing this review because this place gets over looked, yea its not the fancy looking GAY animal clinics that you might see on the other end of town. were they don't care about you pet, they care most of all is you money. Not Dr M he to my opinion does not care to much about money, he cares mostly is about the well fare of you pet Your family member. And without gabby there, it would be a Frankly speaking A ANIMAL HOUSE but with her (gabby) there in my opinion its the BEST PLACE AROUND. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.. just go see Gabby and DR.M... your FAMILY MEMBER are in great Hands. GREAT LOVING HANDS>>>>
March 19, 2009
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Bethany was only there cause she had something with the Dr. you no what i mean and his wife never new that's the only reason she was there. And Gina is the biggest airhead in the world she always give pets the wrong medicne also while assisting surgery i no to pet died cause she didn't watch them right and the Dr. makes up excuses on why they died but nobody ever questions him and they should cause none of the girls r licenced
March 28, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
My daughter worked there, and at first I thought it was a terrific break for her. Who wouldn't think it was a great thing for your kid to have a career without the proper schooling... but on the job training. It turned out to be an absolute nightmare. He made promise after promise for raises, and benefits. Never seeing anything in return. She only wound up with to much responsibility. I was so glad when she left. He continually hired girl, after girl without experience to work for him. The only requirement is what they look like. They are rude with reason. He yells at them continually. Ask anyone that works there. Many people on the top of the reviews are trying to make you believe that this is an excellent vet. Trust me, it is quite the contrary. At one time I even believed he was a genius in disguise. However I believe sleep deprivation does a funny thing to people though. Especially someone with so much responsibility. Surgery deaths in this place are probably much higher than anyone knows. He constantly leaves the room.Yes he does do a lot of work for rescue organizations, not for free, but at a lower cost for the amount of animals brought in. I truly believe that the normal Joe that brings in his/her beloved animal pays for this because his time is spread thin doing wayyy to many things. You should see the way that he throws the rescues around.I have lost my trust in vets after continually bringing my own pet there for care. Beware of mange dips! A girl may drop your dog. If you don't believe me ... stop in between 12-4 when he is in surgery. It's sad that so many others are trusting this man based on cost. Remember that you get what you pay for always!
March 10, 2009
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
My cat was very ill a few years ago with crystals in his bladder - a very painful disease. He was also very overweight (28 lbs.). His genital area was discolored from the bloody urine he was releasing and was unable to empty his bladder completely. My aunt recommended Dr. Mecheal who diagnosed him in about 2 minutes as having the crystals in his bladder. He prescribed treatment and my cat seemed to be getting better. Unfortunately, the disease continued to recur and I made the difficult decision to put him down rather than have him continuously suffer - surgery was not an option for us because it will not 100% eliminte the problem and there is a good chance it will recur in the future. I still take my other cat to Dr. M - he is a very compassionate doctor and very educated. I would recommend his services to anyone who cares about their pets.
On another note, despite what people say about the appearance of the office or the young girls working the front desk, the bottom line is the quality of care that your pet receives. I originally took my cat to Oradell Animal Hospital and they were clueless - completely misdiagnosed him - they said he was severly overweight (which we knew) and that it was a 'urine scald' from him being unable to stand high enough in the cat box. They sent us home and told me to put Gold Bond medicated powder and clean him. Took him back a 2nd time and was told the same thing - only this time they ordered labs, but the end result was the same, just at a much higher price. Funny thing ... long after my cat was put down, Oradell sent me a final bill for something they forgot to bill us for .... and my response was a 2 page letter to their Executives expressing my concern over the quality of care and lack of proper treatment for my now deceased cat. Oradell called me to personally apologize for the experience we endured and to eliminate any future billings from the hospital ... interesting.
Go to Dr. Mecheal ... he will take good care of your babies.
November 21, 2008
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
My dog had his first appointment with Dr. M. on 08/28/2008 at 7:P.M. I called to make sure I had the correct address. It was 7:03 and I was about 2 blocks from the place. The receptionist said that the Dr. M.was called for an emergency appointment and they were about to close. My first reaction was to ask her why she didn't called to cancel my appointment, her answer was "He was just called about 2 minutes ago" I went home with a very sick dog and by mistake I dialed Dr. Miguel's number about 7:20 P.M. The receptionist answered the phone and gave me another excuse and said... if you were here why you didn't come inside...Are you kidding me! She just said "We are ready to go to an emergency call we cannot see your Dog!" Dr. M maybe you are a great Doctor, make sure you hire great people too.
August 28, 2008
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
great business.great business.great business.great business.great business.great business.great business.great business.great business.great business.great business.
August 14, 2008
0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. (IS THIS FAKE OR WHAT???)
Was this review helpful to you?
I started seeing this vet when my old vet retired after 50+ years. I came here on a recommendation from a woman who works in the Bloomfield Animal shelter. She told me he was very compassionate with the animals, may not be the most personable but very good with animals. I have being going for 2yrs old. Our first visit there was my dog's & my birthday - the doctor sang happy birthday. My dog suffered a stroke last October when we were in Atlantic City. I drove 2 hours up the pkwy on a Sunday evening to get her here after calling to make sure Dr. Mecheal could see her. He was already in the office setting a broken leg on a cat. My dog just had
another stroke & diag with liver disease. Dr. Mecheal saw her again late Sunday evening and advised to to see how she is in a week. Neither times did he suggest I should put her down. Neither time was she in pain. She did very well the first time & we are hoping she will do well this time.
Sure it isn't like the emergency hospital in West Caldwell (I had my dog's cancerous tumor removed there), prior knowing about Dr. Mecheal, but the love is the same & the cost is a lot less. I just don't know how this man can do what he does for the amount of hours he puts in.Certainly it isn't money as he could charge a lot more and put in less hours. And any doctor that will work with the animal shelters I believe is worth going to.
Karen from Bloomfield
August 14, 2008
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
My dog slipped a dic in the middle of the night and Dr. M opened his office atfer hours to care for my dog. He examined him, prescribed meds and gave me written instructionsand my dog was pain free in a matter of days! Plus he didn't charge me an arm and a leg. I don't care what anyone says about this place- I have the utmost faith in Dr. M and wouldn't take my pets anywhere else.
July 28, 2008
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Please if you care about your pet do not go to lyndhurst animal hospital. i have been a vet assistant for two years and i started at lyndhurst animal hospital. At first i thought it was all okay because i had no training and this was my first time working with animals as time went on i knew it was'nt right. the cages are barely kept clean let alone the office . sick animals that should be on ivs were left with empty iv bags all day.the files are scattered all over the office and makes it near impossiable for you to chart any info or to find any history on the animal. blood work is never filed people will call for results and the doctor will just blame the lab for not sending it but that is not the case the office is just not in order. The doctor will leave untrained girls in the surgery room with a animal under with no ideal how to count a heart beat or monitor the vital signs. i know first hand he left me in the Or with a boxer and never told me to lower the anesthesia the boxer stopped breathing thank god he revived him .He treats he employees rotten you get no lunch break and are never really trained the right way. i got sick of this place and started working for a way better animal hospital i was so amazed on the change and just how bad his place is . a cheap price is not worth your animals life you are better off not taking them to the vet at all then taking your animal there. i never seen so many dead animals then i seen there.
March 03, 2011
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Dr. Mecheal is a great vet. Yes - the waiting room is small. Yes - the girls at the front desk are young and inexperienced but I have never had a vet so dedicated to curing and caring for my animals. I once complained about the front desk girls and he was very apologetic and even told me how he moved his family into the upstairs of the vet hospital to dedicate more time ot his practice. When I got my cat from the animal shelter. They told me he was in perfect health. He seemed a bit weak and I took him to the Lyndhurst Animal Hospital. Dr. Mecheal told me my cat had pneumonia. He not only called me the next day to check up on my cat but followed up every week for 4 weeks to see how he was progressing. My dog has heart disease and has been very sick. The doctor opened his office up at 1 am in the morning on a Saturday to check out my dog. He didn't even charge me for the visit.
Appearances aren't everything. It is the care that counts and this is an excellent vet! Yes, he is blunt and honest but I would rather have that then someone who is going to BS me. He is a caring doctor and I highly recommend him.
June 28, 2008
0 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
this place is very rundown and you do have to wait a long time to go. But the doctor is very caring for the animals. He doesn't do it for the money like the big animal hospitals do. When my dog became very ill and we tried to go to our vet (Rutherford animal hosp.) they said they were closed and didn't care. We then took her to Lyndhurst where he stayed the entire night by her side making sure she had the meds she needed and she lived. If you go and talk to people in the waiting room you will hear the touching stories of how great he is.
June 20, 2008
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_iconsRatings_icons
Write a Review

No comments:

Post a Comment