Saturday, March 23, 2013

My wife sprayed a Pit Bull with mace,the neighbors want to sue? - Yahoo! Answers

My wife sprayed a Pit Bull with mace,the neighbors want to sue? - Yahoo! Answers:

'via Blog this'

Resolved Question

Show me another»

My wife sprayed a Pit Bull with mace,the neighbors want to sue?

One morning, my wife was leaving for work (I had already left). She was walking out the door and to her car when she heard the neighbors dog barking. She turned and looked towards their house,and the dog somehow escaped their fenced in yard and was running toward her. She hurried to her car,but realized she couldn't make it in time. She grabbed the mace out of her purse and sprayed the dog right in the eyes when he ran up to her. The dog started whimpering and ran away. My wife said the dog was barking the whole time he was running up to her and she feared that he would bite her.

The neighbor's want to sue us, and told us they will be pressing charges against us for "animal cruelty".

Is this right? What do I need to do?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

The Pit Bull breed is considered a bully breed and is recognized by most jurisdictions as a potentially dangerous animal, let them sue...then you can countersue them for not having a dangerous dog under proper control and letting it run loose to the terror of the neighborhood....You'll win; they won't.
60% 6 Votes
  • 2 people rated this as good

Other Answers (20)

  • Sounds like self defense to me. Consult an attorney.
    0% 0 Votes
    • 4 people rated this as good
  • Let them sue, they won't win. Dogs are property and they did not have control of their property. It probably won't help their case if your wife was on your own property.

No comments:

Post a Comment